Length: 1 day, 8:30am-5pm
When: 21 April 2018
Where: London, venue to be confirmed
Who this is for: Dentists
What you will learn
You will be able to:
- Develop an adequate sedation treatment plan based on the required dental procedure
- Assess patients suitable for sedation in different settings (primary and/or secondary care)
- Confidently manage patients during and after sedation, including anxiety and pain control
- Recognise significant changes (potential deterioration) of patient physiology during and after sedation
- Recognise the principle of a safe recovery and appropriate discharge criteria
- Recognise and act on a medical emergency during sedation (i.e cardiac arrest and myocardial infarction; syncope and postural hypotension; hypertensive crisis, hypotensive crisis, laryngospasm, hypoglycemic attack, asthma attack, epileptic fit, anaphylactic shock and other allergic reactions)
The course includes a supervised hands-on session of IV cannulation sedation technique on artificial arms.
Key topics covered by this course:
- Conscious Sedation in dental practice
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Complications during and after sedation
- Medico-legal aspects
Download the full course description.
Have a questions on this course? Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your trainer: Mr Roberto Sacco, CDT, DDS, MSc, Pg Cert Sed
Mr Roberto Sacco is a UK registered Oral Surgeon. He works as Oral Surgery Specialist - Honorary Clinical Teacher at King’s College Hospital in London and is Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow - Sedation Deputy Director at UCL- Eastman Dental Institute as well as Clinical Lecturer at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. He's an external examiner for the Diploma of Primary Care in Oral Surgery at the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons of England. Learn more about Mr Sacco.
"I particularly liked the fact that the theory & practical sessions of the Conscious Sedation course were conducted in a small group as this encourages everyone to share best practice. Overall, I had an excellent experience and all the credit goes to Mr Roberto Sacco for creating a professional, open, friendly atmosphere. I can’t thank him enough and I would recommend this to others."Justyna Chudzicka, Dental Nurse